Monday, May 31, 2021

4th Month Blog

Class: IV Science
Topic: Water Cycle
Tool used : PowerPoint Simulation


Integrating ICT in teaching and learning makes learning more effective than teaching in a traditional method. I have chosen water cycle as a topic from class IV science to create PowerPoint as a constructive tool. To make my simulation better and effective for teaching and learning I used features that are relevant for my topic. Integrating ICT in teaching and learning will make students enthusiastic in learning and students will understand more on the particular topic. Being a future teacher, we should know how to integrate  ICT in our teaching to help students learn better.

To make my simulation effective and more interesting for teaching and learning I used animation, GIFs, images, related backgrounds and texts. Firstly I downloaded images, GIFs for water cycle. To search GIFs images in Google I used- (example: water cycle gifs, rain gifs, evaporation gifs, etc.) To search sounds for the images and GIFs in Google I used- (rain.wav, river.wav, etc.) Then I arranged images and GIFs in sequence on the PowerPoint.

Procedure

I have created PowerPoint simulation on topic water cycle from class IV science. I used single slide for creation of simulation. I inserted an attractive background for my topic and inserted images, GIFs and texts accordingly. After I inserted the images, GIFs and text, I added animation to make simulation effective and attractive. Then I adjusted start button and selected “with previous” button for the whole animation and edited delay and duration button as required while presenting by using animation pane toolbar. Then I inserted background music for my simulation to make it soothing while learners are learning about the water cycle. To insert the background music, first I downloaded the video from YouTube and converted it into music using (ys1t) link in the Google and inserted into PowerPoint. After that I adjusted my music to play from beginning till end of the slide button and select low volume to control the sound from being distractive while learners are learning about the topic. Then I select hide button from the toolbar to hide the music button while watching the simulation. Lastly, I did voice narration for my PowerPoint simulation to make learners understand more about the topic.

Instruction

This learning material I created can be used to teach the main content or during lesson input. This PowerPoint will be used after the lesson topic introduction and while teaching the lesson content. Showing this PowerPoint simulation can help break monotonous classes and learning becomes lively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5th Month Blog

Class: IV Social Studies Topic : Compass Tool Used: Camtasia Directions are necessary for one to reach its destination. It is essential for ...