Wednesday, March 31, 2021

1st Month blog

  Our body parts (English Class I)

Using ICT tools have become convenient and effective for all teachers, students and also for parents. For this benefits and advantages we are taught how to integrate ICT in our teaching and assigned to create a learning activity, integrating ICT for lower primary. For the first blog I have chosen to create learning activities for class I English integrating PPT and Google classroom to teach young children about the human body parts.

I have created a worksheet on power point to enhance student’s knowledge retention about the human body parts and a test on Google classroom to check how much they have understood. These two materials will help children experience learning through a different medium other than books and chalkboards. I have also tried to get interest of all young children and took consideration of all their different learning styles (visual learners, auditory learners, etc…) 

To create my first simple but effective ICT integrated material I have used Microsoft power point. On the power point I have used texts to indicate the topics and names of different body parts. A sample example of how to carry out the activity will also be provided with voice over and picture. I have placed a blank space for children to write/type down the names of body part and then draw the parts using the shapes available on the PowerPoint. There are voice overs provided as instructions for children instructing on what to do.

Second material I created is also a simple one, where I created a class room in Google classroom. After creating a class I used the assignment option under Google classroom to create a test sheet for my children.


                                                          Activity sample video


Video

Instructions

The first material will be used to teach the main content which will help children understand the content batter through audio, visual and hands on practice learning. With this material children can recollect the content they are taught since they will be listening to the names of different body parts, drawing the body parts and at the same time writing down their spellings. For children to be able to use the first material requires children to be in a computer lab with computers accessible to all children. Before starting the lesson activity the prepared materials should be shared on all the computers your children are using.

To complete this activity, children will open the materials on PPT and work individually. There will be typed and verbal instruction on the power point along with space to type the name and create or draw the body parts they hear on the voice. Children will listen to the instructions and body parts from the voices inserted then draw the body part they hear and write down the name below the picture. They will continue same process for all the voices inserted.

After completing the first activity I will use the second material (Test on Google classroom) to follow up the lesson and to check students understanding. To use the material all children need to join the Google classroom which should be done before hand. Help children to find the link for the text and children will solve the text provide online which will be scored. This material can also be used as homework since Google classroom is assessable at home as well.

Link for the test is provided below


No comments:

Post a Comment

5th Month Blog

Class: IV Social Studies Topic : Compass Tool Used: Camtasia Directions are necessary for one to reach its destination. It is essential for ...